Congrats! You won tickets from KUTX! Some shows require that you pick up your tickets from our offices, some don’t. Read on to find out how to claim your tickets.
SHOWS THAT DON’T REQUIRE YOU TO PICK UP TICKETS
1) If you won tickets to the following show(s), you’ll have a pair of tickets under your name at Will Call:
- July 7, 14, 21, or 28: Green Screen Film Series at The Contemporary Austin, Laguna Gloria
- July 30: The Ohio Players at Empire Control Room
- Aug 18 & 19: RAS Day at Empire Control Room and Kenny Dorham’s Backyard (your passes are good for both days/venues)
- Sept 27-30: Altercation Comedy Festival (your passes are good for all three days)
- Sept 29: Big Thief at Mohawk
2) If you won tickets to a show at ACL Live or 3Ten, you’ll be emailed tickets, usually a day or two before the show. A list of shows can be found here.
3) If you won tickets to Utopia Fest 2017, your tickets will be emailed to you the week of the event. (The tickets come from Eventbrite. Be sure to check spam folders.)
All other shows not listed above require that you pick up hard tickets from KUTX, but when you can do that will vary from show to show. Read on!
SHOWS THAT DO REQUIRE YOU TO PICK UP TICKETS FROM KUTX (AND HOW TO DO THAT)
If you won tickets to a show that’s a month or more away, we might not yet have your tickets in-hand. Check back here a few weeks out from the show to see when they’re ready. We currently do not have tickets in-hand for the following:
Willie Nelson 4th of July at Austin 360 AmphitheaterThese are in! They must be picked up by 5pm on July 3rd! (For the Willie CDs, see next item, below.)
- Stevie Wonder at F1
- Arcade Fire at Frank Erwin Center
- Tegan and Sara at The Paramount
- LCD Soundsystem at Austin360 Amphitheater
Don’t see your show listed above? That means your hard tickets are probably ready for pickup at the KUTX front desk. However:
- Give us at least one business day to get them ready, especially if you won them on a weekend, because Mondays are hard on everyone. Also …
highly recommendinsist that you call first before making the trip to ensure your tickets are ready, because nobody wants to drive in Austin for no reason. You can call the KUTX Front Desk at (512) 471-1631 to see if your tickets are ready before you embark upon a crazy-making drive across town.
- If you won a copy of Willie Nelson’s God’s Problem Child CD, it’s available for pick-up from the KUTX front desk until 6/30/17.
GETTING TO KUTX (AND PARKING THERE)
Hours: KUTX is open for business Monday-Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
THIS PART IS SUPER IMPORTANT, SO READ IT CAREFULLY: KUTX is closed weekends and holidays. This means if your show falls on a weekend or holiday, you’ll need to pick your tickets up by 5 P.M. the business day prior. We are not able to give you your tickets on a weekend or holiday, so please do not ask this of us, because we will say no, and we hate saying no (but we will say it anyway.)
Directions: Once you’ve called to confirm that your tickets are available, you may pick them up from our front desk. KUTX is located in the Belo Center for New Media, on the corner of Dean Keeton and Guadalupe, on the campus of the University of Texas (the exact address is 300 W. Dean Keeton, 78712.) We’re on the first floor, at the west end of the building (you’ll see big metal letters over our lobby door.)
Parking! We have parking! When picking up tickets, you may park in the alley behind the Belo Center for New Media building in any space marked “30 MINUTES WITH FLASHERS.” The alley entrance is located off of Whittis Avenue. Remember to turn on your flashers (some call them “hazards”) or you might be ticketed by the University of Texas. (And then it really wouldn’t be a free show anymore, would it?)
QUESTIONS WE SOMETIMES GET
I can’t make it to KUTX. Can someone else pick up my tickets for me?
Sure! Just call the front desk and let them know the name of the person who’ll be picking them up.
My tickets are Will Call, but I can’t go to the show. Can I give them to a friend?
Maybe. If it’s still a week out from the show, let us know – we may be able to change the name. If it’s the day of the event (or last business day before), we’ve probably already submitted the list, at which point the matter is between you and the venue box office.
It’s Sunday and I forgot to pick up my tickets and the show is tonight! Can someone meet me at the station to give me my tickets?
No. (See “When to Pick Up Your Tickets,” above.)
Other questions? We’ve got answers! Email us.