So you won a pair of tickets on the air from KUTX and are now wondering how to get them. This page is here to help! Some shows require that you pick up your tickets from our offices, some don’t. Find your show (CTRL + F) on the list along with instructions on how to get your tickets. Got questions? Scroll all the way down for the FAQ.
- Will Call = Your tickets will be at the event Box Office (for fancy shows) or on a guest list at the door (less fancy shows). Bring your ID!
- Email = Tickets will be emailed to you the week of the show, no later than the morning of the show, by KUTX or the event promoter (be sure to check spam folders).
- Hard Tickets = Tickets, badges, or wristbands must be picked up from KUTX. Please call ahead to make sure your tickets are ready! Scroll down for hours, directions, parking and phone. Unless noted below, hard tickets are ready for pickup – still, we highly recommend calling before coming to KUTX.
- Apr 19-22: KUTX is proud to support the 31st Annual Old Settler’s Music Fest: email (check your spam folders!)
- Apr 20-22: Austin Reggae Festival: guest list
- Apr 21: The Breeders at Emo’s: hard tickets (must be picked up by 5 P.M. Friday!)
- Apr 21: KUTX Presents Loma at The North Door: guest list
- Apr 23: Perfume Genius at Emo’s: hard tickets
- Apr 25: Houndmouth at Scoot Inn: guest list
- Apr 26: UMLAUF Garden Party: guest list at check-in table
- Apr 27: KUTX & Levitation Present Matthew Logan Vasquez + A. Sinclair at Hotel Vegas: guest list
- Apr 27: Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe at Parish: guest list
- Apr 28: Wood & Wire w/ Kalu James: guest list
- May 2: Tune-Yards at Emo’s: hard tickets
- May 2: Jack White at Austin360 Amphitheatre: hard tickets
- May 4: Texas Monthly Live at The Paramount: will call
- May 4: The Afghan Whigs and Built to Spill at Emo’s: hard tickets
- May 4 & 5: Superchunk at 3TEN ACL Live: email
- May 5: Lyle Lovett and His Large Band at ACL Live: email
- May 5: JMBLYA 2018 at Austin360 Amphitheatre: email
- May 8: King Tuff at Barracuda: guest list
- May 9: KUTX Presents Of Montreal at Mohawk: guest list
- May 11: Dweezil Zappa at Mohawk: guest list
- May 12: Dr. Dog at Acl Live: email
- May 15: KUTX Presents Dirty Projectors at Mohawk: guest list
- May 18: Nada Surf at 3Ten Austin: email
- May 19: Kat Edmonson at ACL Live: email
- May 19 & 20: KUTX Live at The Paramount Presents Emmylou Harris: hard tickets
- May 22: KUTX Live at The Paramount Presents David Crosby & Friends: hard tickets
- May 24-26: Hot Luck: Live Food & Music Festival: email
- May 27: Steely Dan + The Doobie Brothers at Austin 360 Amphitheatre: hard tickets (these must be picked up no later than 5pm on 5/25!)
- May 31: Matisyahu + Stephen Marley at Stubb’s: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- June 4: Paul Simon at Frank Erwin Center: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- June 5: Justin Townes Earle at 3TEN ACL Live: email
- June 6: KUTX Presents Black Pumas at Antone’s: guest list
- June 9: Ray LaMontagne and Neko Case at Austin 360 Amphitheatre: hard tickets
- June 9: She Shreds Magazine: Broncho, Sunflower Bean, Fea, Annabelle Chairlegs, Clare, and Blushing: guest list
- June 13-15: Gary Clark Jr at ACL Live: email
- June 15: KUTX 5th Birthday: John Cusack Live + High Fidelity at Bass Concert Hall: hard tickets
- June 15: Whiskey Shivers at Scoot Inn: guest list
- June 16: Belle & Sebastian at ACL Live: email
- June 16: Shakey Graves at Stubb’s: hard tickets
- June 20: KUTX Sunday Morning Jazz Presents Gregory Porter (Nat King Cole & Me) at The Long Center: hard tickets
- June 21: Caroline Rose at Stubb’s Indoor: hard tickets
- June 22: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at Stubbs: hard tickets
- June 23: The Regrettes at Stubb’s Indoors: guest list
- June 26: KUTX Presents Stars at Mohawk: guest list
- June 27: Brit Floyd at ACL Live: email
- June 29: KUTX Presents David Ramirez: Bootleg Tour (live album recording) at Parish: guest list
- July 4: Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic: hard tickets (available after May 7)
- July 5: Fantastic Negrito at Antone’s: guest list
- July 13: Unknown Mortal Orchestra at Stubb’s: hard tickets
- July 16: Smashing Pumpkins at Frank Erwin Center: hard tickets
- July 21: Lake Street Dive at ACL Live: email
- July 23: Animal Collective at The Paramount: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- July 26: Jeff Beck at ACL Live: email
- July 31: KUTX 5th Birthday Concert Series: Beach House at ACL Live: email
- July 31: Phish at Austin360 Amphitheater: hard tickets
- Aug 7 & 8: Erasure at ACL Live (Tickets won are for Aug. 7 show): email
- Aug 18: KUTX is proud to support the Austin Originals Benefit Concert w/ Bob Schneider: TBD
- Aug 25: KUTX 5th Birthday Concert Series: Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit at Bass Concert Hall: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- Sept 13: Punch Brothers at Bass Concert Hall: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- Sept 14: Lucius at The Paramount: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- Sept 28: MC50 at Mohawk: guest list
- Sept 28 & 29: The Dandy Warhols at ACL Live: email
- Sept 29: Lord Huron at Stubb’s: hard tickets (these aren’t in yet; we’ll email you when they are!)
- Oct 27: Courtney Barnett at Stubb’s: hard tickets
- Dec 15: Brian Wilson Presents The Christmas Album Live at ACL Live: email
PICKING UP HARD TICKETS FROM KUTX
If you need to pick up tickets from KUTX, please give us at least one business day to get them ready for you (especially if you won them on a weekend, because Mondays are hard for everybody.) Please call our Front Desk (512-471-1631) to ensure your tickets are ready before you make the trip to KUTX (unless you enjoy sitting in Austin traffic for no reason.)
Hours: KUTX is open for business Monday-Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. However . . .
THIS PART IS SUPER IMPORTANT, SO READ IT CAREFULLY: KUTX is closed weekends and holidays (despite the live humans you might hear on the air.) This means if your show falls on a weekend or holiday, you’ll need to pick your tickets up by 5 P.M. the last business day prior. We are not able to give you your tickets on a weekend or holiday, so please do not ask this of us, because we will say no, and we hate saying no (but we will say it anyway.)
Directions: KUTX is located in the Belo Center for New Media, on the corner of Dean Keeton and Guadalupe, on the campus of the University of Texas (the exact address is 300 W. Dean Keeton, 78712.) We’re on the first floor, at the west end of the building (you’ll see big metal letters over our lobby door.)
Parking! We have parking! Our parking spaces are in the alley behind the Belo Center for New Media. The alley is one-way, and is accessible only from Whittis Avenue (not from Guadalupe.) You may park in any space marked “30 MINUTES WITH FLASHERS.” Remember to turn on your flashers (some call them “hazards”) or you might be ticketed by the University of Texas. (And then it really wouldn’t be a free show anymore, would it?)
QUESTIONS WE SOMETIMES GET
. . . about e-mailed tickets:
When will I receive my tickets by email?
We usually receive e-tickets from promoters a couple days before the show, and we email them to winners as soon as we get them. If it’s one business day away from the show and you haven’t received your tickets, please contact us, as it’s quite possible that the human radio host took your email down incorrectly.
It’s Saturday and the show is tonight and I still don’t have my e-tickets! Help!
KUTX is closed weekends and holidays. Please make sure to contact us the last business day before your show.
I can’t go to the show. Can I give my tickets to a friend?
Sure! We’re still going to email them to you, but you can forward them to a friend. Once they’re in your inbox, they’re yours to use as you please.
. . . about will call / guest list:
My tickets are Will Call, but I can’t go to the show. Can I give them to a friend?
Maaay-be. If it’s still a week out from the show, let us know – we may be able to change the name. If it’s the day of the event (or last business day before), we’ve probably already submitted the list, at which point the matter is between you and the venue box office.
. . . about hard tickets:
I can’t make it to KUTX. Can someone else pick up my hard tickets for me?
Sure! Just call the front desk (512-471-1631) and let them know the name of the person who’ll be picking them up.
I live outside of Austin. Can you mail them to me?
We can, but the best option is still to have someone pick them up for you. We don’t send tickets by certified mail and are not responsible for their loss.
It’s Saturday and I forgot to pick up my tickets and the show is tonight! Can someone meet me at the station to give me my tickets?
No. (Please see, above, “This Part is Super Important, So Read It Carefully.”)
Can’t the host who is on the air just give them to me?
For safety reasons, hosts are not asked to answer the door outside business hours. (Also, the ticket drawer is locked after hours, and our hosts love live music way too much to be trusted with the key.)
Other questions?Don’t see your show listed? Holler at us.