Jason and Randy Sklar are identical twin comedians who are returning to Austin for Moontower Comedy Fest, happening September 22-25. They’ve released several comedy specials on Comedy Central and Netflix, and they’re also the hosts of two podcasts, Dumb People Town and View From The Cheap Seats. The Sklar Brothers also have guest appearances on Curb Your Enthusiasm, It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Better Call Saul, and more. And on top of this, they’re big music fans.
Way back in the netherworld of November 2019, I recorded this guest DJ set with the Sklar Brothers, assuming they would be back for Moontower in April 2020. That didn’t happen–in a big way. But here we are, almost two years wiser (maybe?), with a great DJ set from our pre-pandemic reality coming to the airwaves like the most specific time machine ever. In the episode, the Sklar Brothers sing the praises of ’90s club music, sad folk rock, and offer some helpful advice to Austin: build more condos. Hear Jason and Randy Sklar’s My KUTX on Saturday, September 18 or listen anytime in the player above.
Art Levy // producer, My KUTX
1. Songs: Ohia – “Just Be Simple”
2. Glossary – “Lonely Is A Town”
3. Ghost Town DJs – “My Boo” (Hitman’s Club Remix)
4. Langhorne Slim – “And If It’s True”
5. Jim Sullivan – “Sunny Jim”
6. Khruangbin – “Lady And Man”
7. Whitney – “Polly”
8. Millie Jackson – “It Hurts So Good”
9. Aldous Harding – “The Barrel”
10. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists – “Who Do You Love?”
11. Amanaz – “Khala My Friend”
12. Kate Bollinger – “Je Rêverai à Toi”