Photo by Art Levy
Last week, instead of a usual guest DJ set from a musician, the KUTX DJs picked an hour of songs helping them get through the quarantine. It was awesome to see such a positive response from listeners, which goes to show that the simple act of sharing songs, person to person, can be very powerful these days.
So this week, we’re featuring part 2 of our favorite songs right now, this time put together by a lot of KUTX staffers that you don’t normally hear on the air much, like technical staff, multimedia, live booking, interns, and more. KUTX couldn’t function without them either. So I hope you’ll enjoy this special hour of music, which ranges from nostalgic songs and epic jams to a song that’s the perfect soundtrack to jumping on a trampoline. Hear My KUTX on Saturday, April 11 at 6 p.m. or at any time in the player above.
–Art Levy // producer, My KUTX
1. Perfume Genius – “Slip Away” // picked by Sophia Kontos, KUTX intern
2. The Stooges – “No Fun” // picked by Jake Perlman, KUTX audio engineer
3. Molly Burch – “Needy” // picked by Deidre Gott, KUTX live music booker
4. Fugazi – “Margin Walker” // picked by Laura Willis, KUTX Digital Assets and Operations Coordinator
5. Simón Diaz – “Alma Llanera” // picked by Gabriel Pérez, KUTX multimedia producer
6. Medicine – “Butterfly’s Out Tonight” // picked by Lydia Fortuna, KUTX intern
7. Charlie Sexton Sextet – “Ugly All Day” // picked by Matt Muñoz, Cactus Cafe booking manager
8. Yves Tumor – “Gospel For A New Century” // picked by Annie Lyons, KUTX intern
9. Q And Not U – “Soft Pyramids” // picked by Michael Crawford, KUTX technical engineer
10. Teenage Cool Kids – “No Fragments Reach” // picked by Cole Hunt, KUTX intern
11. Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Ramble Tamble” // picked by Matt Reilly, KUTX Program Director
Support KUTX’s ability to bring you closer to the music. Donate today.