This episode was recorded on Thursday, November 5th, 2020, before the results of the Presidential election had been announced.
- Confucius and Fresh talk about all the drama of election week.
- Both hosts discussed Lil Wayne’s decision to endorse Donald Trump.
- Confucius and Fresh introduce a new segment — “Random Hip-Hop Facts.”
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh asks apolitical people to take a step back.
- Confucius gives a shout to all the People of Color who engaged in the political process during this election in his Confucius Says segment.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks
This week on The Breaks Confucius and Fresh:
- discuss how different the American public’s reaction to the murder of George Floyd feels compared to previous protest movements, and share their hope that this will lead to sustained long term public pressure to tackle systemic racism in America.
- discuss Lil’ Wayne’s comments on George Floyd’s murder and explain why they often don’t want to hear their favorite artists opinions on current events.
- explore what the recent closings of music venues Scratchouse, Barracuda and Plush mean for the Austin Music Scene.
- In his Unpopular Opinion Fresh puts forth the idea that not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur.
- In his Confucius Says segment, Confucius explains what people mean when they say “Defund the Police.”