This week on The Breaks Confucius and Fresh discuss:
- Tekashi 6ix9ine’s return to music and social media after his time in jail.
- The recent deaths of legendary producer Andre Harrell, rock n’ roll icon Little Richard and R&B singer Betty Wright
- The Verzuz battle between Eryka Badu and Jill Scott
- Their next Verzuz style battle for the better year in hip-hop — 1998 or 1999
- In an Unpopular Opinion inspired by The Last Dance, Fresh argues that Michael Jordan’s first three championships were against weak teams.
- In his Confucius Says segment, Confucius encourages people to celebrate their mothers not only on Mothers Day but every day.
- The Local Song of the Week is “Introvert” by CP Loony
Listen to this episode of The Breaks
Check out this playlist from that battle
On this edition of This Song, we talk to LouLou Ghelichkhani and John Michael Schoepf of Austin’s dreamy synth-pop band Night Glitter about a couple of classic songs that taught them a little bit about themselves. For LouLou, listening to Neil Young’s “Old Man” as a teenager helped her come to terms with some of the difficult feelings surrounding her parent’s divorce. And John Michael says Little Richard’s “Tutti Frutti” not only set him on the musician’s path it taught him what it really means to have fun.
Listen to this episode on Stitcher
Listen to Songs from this episode of This Song