This week on The Breaks, Fresh and Confucius:
- Discuss Kanye West’s rally in South Carolina and his recent erratic behavior.
- Talk about Tory Lanez’s arrest on gun charges after police find Megan Thee Stallion in his car suffering from gunshot wounds.
- React to Nick Cannon’s anti-Semitic comments on his podcast.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh argues that Black music executives are also complicit in the exploitation of Black musicians.
- In his Confucius Says, Confucius argues that you can still respect someone without respecting every one of their decisions.
Listen to this week’s episode of The Breaks
On March 10th, Thao and the Get Down Stay Down released a new single called, “Temple” along with an accompanying video. 6 days later residents in the San Francisco Bay Area, where lead singer, songwriter and guitar player Thao Nguyen lives, were ordered to shelter in place. In this episode, Thao talks to host Elizabeth McQueen about the inspiration behind the new song and what it was like to release music during a pandemic. She also shares how making her upcoming record, also called Temple, helped prepare her to address her sexuality publicly and to create a safe space in her life where she could exist as her full self.
Listen to this episode of This Song
Listen to Thao Nguyen
Watch the Video for “Temple”