This week on The Breaks, Fresh and Confucius:
- Share how they feel about artists putting out music unrelated to the times.
- Discuss Miami based rapper Trina’s response to protests against police brutality and Quarterback Drew Brees’s thoughts on kneeling in protest to police violence.
- Talk about the controversy surrounding Blackout Tuesday.
- Discuss Rush Limbaugh’s appearance on The Breakfast Club.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh argues that top prospects attending HBCUs will not cause significant changes in the way the NCAA operates.
- In his Confucius Says, Confucius argues that when we are trying to end police brutality we need to completely rebuild, rather than reform, the system.
Listen to this week’s episode of The Breaks
This week on The Breaks, Fresh and Confucius talk about the police killings of George Floyd in Minneapolis and Mike Ramos in Austin and the resulting protests. They touch on their experiences as black men in America, their frustration with systemic racism and the need for sustained solidarity from society at large, not just during times of tragedy.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks