This week, The Breaks decided not to create a new show in light of the recent police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, WI. Instead, they are re-running their episode from June, 1 2020, where Fresh and Confucius talk about the police killings of George Floyd in Minneapolis and Mike Ramos in Austin and the resulting protests. They touch on their experiences as black men in America, their frustration with systemic racism and the need for sustained solidarity from society at large, not just during times of tragedy.
Listen to This Episode of The Breaks
This week on The Breaks, Fresh and Confucius:
- Discuss Kanye’s West’s announcement that he is running for president.
- Touch on the impact of COVID-19 on Austin’s live music venues.
- Talk about ACL Radio’s Blues on the Screen curated by Jackie Venson.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh urges the biggest Black artists in Austin to speak out about their experiences of racism in the Austin music scene.
- In his Confucius Says, Confucius explains that loyalty is a two-way street.
Listen to this week’s episode of The Breaks