This week on The Breaks:
- Hosts Confucius and Fresh discuss the controversy at the Recording Academy, and explain why they think the Grammys are no longer culturally relevant.
- They talk about DaBaby’s recent run-in with a hotel valet
- In his Unpopular Opinion Fresh acknowledges that even though the Grammys aren’t culturally relevant, the Grammy’s still matter to a lot of artists and that’s okay.
- Both hosts talk about Meek Mill’s Grammy weekend run-in with his ex Nicki Minaj.
- The local song of the week is “Greenthumb” by Eimaral Sol
This week on The Breaks, Fresh sits down with KUTX’s Artist of the Month Eimaral Sol to talk about her journey from Killeen to Austin via Houston. They also discuss the inspiration behind her music, her thoughts about The Grammys and her takes on the Austin Chronicle Music Poll and Austin music scene.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks
Hear the music from The Breaks played on their Saturday Night Hip-hop show