This week on The Breaks, Fresh and Confucius
- Talk about recent live-streamed beat battles, including Mannie Fresh vs Scott Storch and Lil Jon vs T-Pain.
- Touch on the cultural significance of Mannie Fresh.
- Discuss the deep production credits of Lil Jon and T-Pain.
- Address Tekashi 6ix9ine’s release from prison and speculate about how people will react.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh defends Nas as a good beat selector.
- Confucius reminds us that just because you’re sheltering in place, doesn’t mean that you have to transform yourself or learn a new skill — simply surviving right now is enough.
Listen to this week’s episode of The Breaks
This week on The Breaks, Confucius and Fresh
- Touch what it’s been life to sheltering in place due to COVID-19.
- Discuss how these new circumstances are pushing artist to find creative ways to connect with fans.
- Talk about the new Jay Electronica release “A Written Testimony.”
- Chat about Slim Thug potentially brokering a truce between Trae tha Truth and Z-Ro.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh reminds people to say inside because COVID-19 does not discriminate.
- Confucius voices his frustration about non-billionaires defending billionaires for their small donations for COVID-19 relief.
- This week’s local song of the week is “It’s All Good” by Paris Aryanna.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks