Musician and host Laurie Gallardo recaps tonight’s best bet for a great Austin music experience. Produced at KUT & KUTX Studios.
- The world was just beginning to shut down due to the pandemic as Seratones returned home from their Power tour. The only way the band was able to work on new music was through Zoom sessions. Yet over the course of lockdowns and limitations, and dark moments both collective and […]
- Though Local H has typically been associated with ’90s post-grunge, they never lost their signature sound moving into the 2000s. As Good As Dead (1996) may be one of their most lauded albums, but Here Comes the Zoo (2002) marked a pivotal moment for the band “that would determine whether […]
- Perhaps you were there that fateful day at Mueller Lake Park, March 25, 2022. Rock the Park was in full swing with the abstruse anomaly we know and lurve, Andrew Cashen. The music superb, the vocals fantastique, and…then there was the matter of possibly sending some people into cardiac arrest […]
- The Austin Music Minute‘s introduction to the artistry of Iram Reyes began with Ex Romantika. As band leader and trumpet player, Reyes turned up the horns and ignited the Latin funk fire on their multiple releases, including the band’s first LP, Latin Funk Konnection. They also drew national attention with […]
- This is, hands down, the one-two-three knockout this weekend. Three KUTX-featured artists are taking over Germania Insurance Amphitheater tomorrow, Saturday Sept. 24: If you haven’t guessed by now, Khruangbin is a trio of magical beings from outer space. In their earthly forms, bassist Laura Lee, guitarist Mark Speer and drummer […]