The KUTX music team looks high and low for songs and artists that should be on your radar. It’s a no-frills showcase for some of the great music that comes through the “live music capital of the world.” Join us to discover new music and revisit some old favorites — one song at a time. Produced by KUT & KUTX Studios.
- One of the most auspicious arbiters of rock here in Austin is undoubtedly A. Sinclair. Since 2014’s Pretty Girls, Aaron Sinclair’s consistently curated an intricate indie rock sound bolstered by cavalier-but-calculated vocals and gorgeous guitar work, a legacy that’s continued with this year’s Sunshine Ghost LP. This two-time Studio 1A […]
- Some of you may still be distraught over the 2019 disbanding of Yeasayer post-Erotic Reruns, but former core member Anand Wilder has come with a bit of good news. Wilder’s recently announced his upcoming solo debut I Don’t Know My Words for release early next year, in which Wilder reignited […]
- Singer-guitarist Timothy Showalter took the trauma of his early twenties and transformed it into his solo project Strand of Oaks while he was still in Pennsylvania but it’s open been since he moved down to Austin that his style has fully flourished. Following the release of his eighth album In […]
- Austin’s Sara Maria may only have a couple singles to her musical moniker as of now, but just those two tracks alone are plenty enough to impress us with the potential of Sarita. Sarita’s been blending a variety of genre nooks and crannies for her upcoming debut album, be it […]
- Following all the cranberry sauce, stuffing, and more, the post-Thanksgiving digestion period can be plenty liberating. But even with the knowledge that everyone’s still full and high on family time (be it for better or worse), Austin singer-guitarist Clarence James has just come out of the kitchen with a double […]