The KUTX music team looks high and low for songs and artists that should be on your radar. It’s a no-frills showcase for some of the great music that comes through the “live music capital of the world.” Join us to discover new music and revisit some old favorites — one song at a time. Produced by KUT & KUTX Studios.
- KUTX turns ten next year. And two groups that’ve been glued to our hip the whole way through are The Bright Light Social Hour and Riders Against the Storm. They’re both must-hear Austin mainstays for a damn good reason; The Bright Light Social Hour continues to innovate a sweet-yet-sinister indie-psych […]
- Decades after acts like Les Paul & Mary Ford, Captain & Tenille, and Ike & Tina had their heyday, seeing the phrase “husband-and-wife duo” can personally make me wince. Like we get it; you love each other, you’ve got great chemistry together, and you have a lot of emotions you […]
- Contemporary curators for some of the best instrumental genres (namely jazz) seem to be fearless when it comes to digital hi-fi production. But thankfully, some of the finest facilitators of the funk-soul sound still prefer the “authentic” old school character of analogue techniques. Amongst them is Hammond organ extraordinaire Adam […]
- Tom Petty. Bob Seger. Lynyrd Skynyrd. They’re all awesome on their own accord but can you imagine a comprehensive, country-fied, combo of all three? It’s not just the stuff of dreams. Let us introduce you to Lone Star singer-guitarist Luke Daniel. Daniel grew up in podunk Missouri listening to his […]
- With the exception of so-called “industry plants”, it’s pretty rare for a superstar to hit their biggest stride during their first project. Think about Kenny Rogers with The First Edition, Danny Elfman with Oingo Boingo, or even Beyoncé with Destiny’s Child. Lena Luca had a classical background in oboe performance […]