This week on The Breaks, Confucius and Fresh:
- talk about the Weeknd’s comments about his influence on Usher’s track “Climax.”
- discuss the difference between artists who came into their own during the era of physical album sales versus artists who came of age in the streaming era.
- explore why Tory Lanez had so much popularity with “Quarantine Radio” but yet hasn’t comparable numbers with his new record “The New Toronto 3.”
- break down the recent Beat Battle between RZA and Premiere, and explain why they are excited for the upcoming Beat Battle between Babyface and Teddy Riley on April 18th.
- Fresh puts forth his Unpopular Opinion that “All American” is not a great TV show.
- Confucius encourages people to be open to the lessons they are learning about themselves in quarantine.
- This week’s Local Song of the Week is “ICU” by Kydd Jones.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks