Tonight’s Free Week 2016 selections may cause the head to spin; so much to choose from, and so little time! Here are tonight’s picks from the Austin Music Minute:
- Wow. It’s a big ‘un this evening at Empire Control Room, 606 E. 7th St., presented by Glitter Tribe. My Jerusalem, Boyfrndz, Löwin, Amigo the Devil, Empire Machines, Runners High, Tusk, Her, The Cerulean Trade, The Hours Quiet, and Beforewar will provide all the nonstop action to last you the entire night. Doors at 7 p.m.
- John Wesley Coleman heads the bill presented by Ovrld and student station KVRX at the Historic Scoot Inn, 1308 E. 4th St.. Featuring The Gents, Jinx & The Hammer, Carry Illinois, and Tyler Jordan & The Negative Space. Doors at 7 p.m., music starts at 8 p.m. Great all around.
- Punctum Records continues its Free Week celebration tonight at Cheer Up Charlie’s, 912 Red River. The line-up includes Lomelda, RF Shannon, Alex Napping, MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR, Battle Bend, and The Nude Party. 8 p.m. Excellent stuff.
- Penny Loafer and Transmission teamed up for this great Free Week showcase at The Sidewinder, 715 Red River. Wildcat Apollo, Ghostbunny (“New New York” from Silver Tongue is featured on today’s AMM), and Casual Strangers play the outside stage; Blue Bear, Hooka Hey, Summer Salt, and Jack Ferrara are on the inside stage. 8 p.m.
- Tex Smith just released a new album, Pink and Black, and is ready to share the tunes with you tonight at Indian Roller, 10006 Manchaca. He shares the bill with the mighty Josh Buckley. Get there before 9 p.m.
Photo of Ghostbunny by Miss Mojo’s Photos.