This Week on The Breaks:
- Confucius and Fresh explore all the reasons that Dr. Dre is the greatest producer of all time.
- Both hosts discourage people from dismissing new music as not “Real” Hip-hop or “Real” R&B.
- They interview Austin artist Mike Melinoe about his new record “Clajidu,” why he moved to Austin from Detroit and his perspective on the Austin music scene.
- Both hosts discuss their theories on why hip-hop and Black culture speak to so many people around the world.
- Fresh’s Unpopular Opinion is that Frank Ocean hasn’t done enough musically to warrant his fans booing Drake offstage at Camp Flog Gnaw.
- Confucius wants people on the internet to stop shaming others for liking things that are popular in his Confucius Says segment.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks
Listen on The Apple Podcasts App, Spotify or Stitcher
Hear the music from The Breaks played on their Saturday Night Hip-hop show