Welcome to The Breaks podcast where hosts Confucius and Fresh talk all things hip-hop–Texas hip-hop, hip hop news, hip-hop history–they cover it all. Both men were born and raised in Austin, Texas and want to let the world know about the city’s vibrant hip-hop and R&B scenes. They also want to give people a window into their own lived experience in the Live Music Capital of the World. This podcast is a compilation of insight, opinion and highlights from their Saturday night hip-hop show on KUTX 98.9 FM in Austin. Produced at KUT & KUTX Studios.
- Confucius and Fresh discuss why some artists are so selfish and delusional. Then they try and nail down what makes an album a "classic." Plus Hip-Hop Facts, Unpopular Opinion and Confucius Reads the News.
- Confucius and Fresh debate whether Outkast and Wu-Tang are still relevant to hip-hop culture. Then they discuss the phenomenon of people in Austin music faking it until they make it. You’ll learn Hip-Hop Facts about how J. Cole almost got signed to G-Unit, why Lil Wayne didn’t curse on his […]
- Fresh and Confucius debate which one of them is the better music fan. Then Confucius tries to convince listeners that deep down, Fresh thinks he's from Harlem, New York. Plus Hip-Hop Facts, Unpopular Opinion and Confucius Reads the News.
- Confucius and Fresh talk about the current state of the Austin R&B and rap scene. They also talk about whether radio is still important and what needs to change for it to stay relevant. Plus Hip-Hop Facts, Unpopular Opinion and Confucius Reads the News.
- Confucius and Fresh talk about the importance of hip-hop podcasts. Then they discuss Diddy and Mary J Blige's recent conversation about who killed R&B. Plus Hip-Hop Facts, Unpopular Opinion and Confucius Reads the News.