Welcome to The Breaks podcast where hosts Confucius and Fresh talk all things hip-hop–Texas hip-hop, hip hop news, hip-hop history–they cover it all. Both men were born and raised in Austin, Texas and want to let the world know about the city’s vibrant hip-hop and R&B scenes. They also want to give people a window into their own lived experience in the Live Music Capital of the World. This podcast is a compilation of insight, opinion and highlights from their Saturday night hip-hop show on KUTX 98.9 FM in Austin. Produced at KUT & KUTX Studios.
- This week on the Breaks: You’ll hear Confucius and Fresh’s interview with legendary producer DJ Burn One who’s worked with artists like Gucci Mane, Freddie Gibbs and T.I. In this week’s installment of Hip Hop Facts you’ll learn interesting things about how old Teddy Riley was when he produced Dougie […]
- This week on The Breaks: Confucius and Fresh list their Top 5 Hip-Hop songs of all time. the hosts discuss the TV show BMF and talk about the positive influence 50 Cent is having as a television producer at Starz. In this week’s installment of Hip-Hop Facts you’ll learn interesting […]
- This week on the Breaks: Confucius and Fresh talk to legendary Houston DJ OG Ron C. He reached out to them after they spoke on his comments about DJ Screw on on The Donnie Houston podcast. He also talks about his early days as co-founder of Swishahouse and tells a […]
- This week on The Breaks: Confucius is out so Fresh talks about the proposed boxing match between Freddie Gibbs and Dr. Umar Johnson. Fresh explores his thoughts about Rory and Mal, formerly of the Joe Budden podcast, getting a deal for $10 million dollars to start their own podcast. In […]
- This week on the Breaks: Confucius and Fresh were out at the Austin City Limits Festival for weekend 2. You’ll hear their interviews with Austin artists Mike Melinoe and Sheila, recorded live at the ACLfest Bonus Tracks stage. In this week’s installment of Hip-Hop Facts, you’ll hear about the surprising […]