This week on The Breaks:
- Confucius and Fresh talk about whether Nipsey Hussle’s profile was elevated after his death and discuss what “success” really means today.
- They explore the history of Outkast’s Stankonia Studios and reflect on the stories that might be told about Austin hip-hop someday.
- Both hosts make a call more Black tastemakers in Austin.
- Fresh talks about Summer Walker’s desire to just make art and discourages musicians from avoiding the business side of the music industry as part of his Unpopular Opinion.
- Confucius lets people know they can support the local scene in Austin every Thursday from 9pm-1am when he DJ’s at Troublemaker. He’ll play a mix of classical and local music.
- Listen to this episode of The Breaks
Hear the music from The Breaks played on their Saturday Night Hip-hop show