It’s round two of the Austin Music Minute‘s selections for ACL Fest 2023, along with AMM show picks off the beaten path for those not festivally-inclined. No, “festivally” is not an actual word, but you get it:
- At ACL Fest out at Zilker Park, Austin-based band We Don’t Ride Llamas performs this afternoon at 1:40 p.m., and it’s also Abraham Alexander‘s second weekend set at 3:10 p.m. Shoutouts for tonight include Parisian artist FKJ, Maggie Rogers and Portugal. The Man – and here’s hoping for a much longer set by Kendrick Llamar, preferably not unplugged.
- Devon Gilfillian performs at Antone’s, and The Breeders play at Stubb’s, as part of ACL Fest Nights.
- Lauren Lakis celebrates the release of her album A Fiesta and A Hell with a show tonight at Swan Dive, 615 Red River, featuring Alexalone, Daydream Twins and heavy wall-of-sound maestros SKLOSS on the bill. Doors 9 p.m.
- Behold! A most wicked Friday the 13th show at The Lost Well, 2421 Webberville Rd., featuring Sabbath Crow, Cheer Reaper, Mr. Lewis and The Funeral 5, and Sex Pump. Doors at 8 p.m.
- And tonight at Flamingo Cantina, 515 E. 6th St., roots rock reggae from Kingston courtesy of Earthkry, starting at 9 p.m.
- Tomorrow afternoon at Zilker, do not miss Blakchyl, Nemegata, Rattlesnake Milk, Devon Gilfillian, Angel White, and Ben Kweller. You can also cut crazy loose with Nashville outfit Snõõper, and witness the magic of AMM fave Sudan Archives. All hail Natural Brown Prom Queen.
And remember: Go support the bands, even if you’re abstaining from those of the wrist variety.