It’s another action-packed weekend, and one of many reasons why it’s important to support Austin music artists. Even when it’s not Free Week or Love Austin Music Month, these awesome shows are happening all year round. Today’s AMM gives you a little slice of a typical Saturday musical adventure in the ATX. Decisions, decisions…!
- Start the weekend off with a benefit show at Sagebrush, 5500 S. Congress Ave. WesFest supports the LoveWeston Scholarship at UT Austin, in honor of the late Weston Busing, benefitting cancer research. The huge line-up includes several AMM alum – Mayeux & Broussard, Kathryn Legendre, Robert Ellis, and Ben Ballinger, along with Juliet McConkey, Brody Price, Hobby Rancher, and the Sentimental Family Band. Doors open at 3 p.m.
- The Empress is here. Tameca Jones performs at C-Boy’s Heart and Soul, 2008 S. Congress Ave., with special guest Chief Cleopatra to kick off the night. The show starts at 10:30 p.m.
- From TikTok to the Twitterverse, musical and cultural giants are sitting up and taking notice. (Hey, thanks for catching up with us, gang.) R&B/soul artist and guitar maestro Jackie Venson continues her residency at Antone’s, with the spectacular punk/funk/hip-hop outfit We Don’t Rid Llamas on the bill. Doors at 7 p.m., and if you need to keep going after that, Hard Proof delivers a late night set at 11:30 p.m. Damn.
- Raise your (pint) glass to these Texas soul titans. Tomar and The FCs perform at Central Machine Works in East Austin, starting at 8 p.m.
- Sunday night: Don’t forget one of our KUTX Birthday Concert Series shows with Why Bonnie and Sun June at Antone’s. Doors at 7 p.m.
AMM Jan. 14 2023
Love Austin Music Month: Saturday shows with Jackie Venson, Tameca Jones & Chief Cleopatra, Tomar and The FCs and more.