If you’ve been following the AMM for awhile now, you know the drill: Every SXSW time, the Austin Music Minute offers a few show picks for your perusal, both official showcases and shows off the beaten path. And we’ve only just begun:
- Lightstream free show with Sweet Spirit, A. Sinclair, Brother Thunder, and the Texas String Assembly. 5 p.m., Scholz Garten, 1607 San Jacinto Blvd.
- SX Soundcheck Saturday at Hotel Vegas, with Golden Dawn Arkestra, Sweet Spirit (double duty today!), Calliope Musicals, Chief Cleopatra, Van Mary, Colt Wayne Keeney, Loteria, and Honky Tonk Machine.
- The Gravitoyd Heavy Music Festival at Independence Brewing Company, 3913 Todd Ln., featuring Atomic Bitchwax, Valley of the Sun, The Well (featured on today’s AMM), Tia Carrera and more. Full line-up at the Independence Brewing Co. website.
- Ray Prim and groove outfit 80H Project play at Radio Coffee and Beer, 4204 Menchaca Rd.
- The Bluebonnets take over the room at C-Boys Heart and Soul, 2008 S. Congress Ave.
Plus, a very special shout-out for a show Sunday March 13: A badass bill at the Long Play Lounge East, 1910 E. Cesar Chavez, with Drakulas, Big Bill, and BÖNDBREAKR, starting at 9 p.m.