All right. We’re doing this. Here’s an AMM list of SXSW picks for Monday night, including official showcases and the cool stuff off the beaten path. Whaddya mean, you’re tired? It’s only Monday. Drink some water and get going:
- The SXSW Music Tech Mashup continues tonight at Empire Control Room on E. 7th St., with The Black Angels, Sir Woman, Pearl Z, David Shabani, Jaron Marshall and more.
- Cardiff punk outfit Panic Shack plays the British Music Embassy showcase at The Courtyard, 208 W. 4th St.
- The gargantuan Spring Break Boogie Kickoff continues at Hotel Vegas and The Volstead on E. 6th St. with A Giant Dog, Pleasure Venom, Annabelle Chairlegs, BONDBREAKR, Why Bonnie, Chucky BLK, Hey Cowboy!, Holy Wire (featured on today’s AMM) and many more.
- Indefinable and badass, Philadelphia-based artist Andrea Valle performs tonight at Sellers Underground, 213 W. 4th St.
- An instant AMM fave, Montréal, Québec band Le Couleur plays the M for Montreal and Investissement Québec showcase at Swan Dive on Red River.
- The official HTX Music Monday showcase features DJ Hella Yella, Ndebele R&B artist Le Mpendulo, San Antonio-based artist Jay Amari and more at Vaquero Taquero, 603 Sabine St.
- It’s a late night set for DAIISTAR at an official SXSW showcase at The 13th Floor, 711 Red River.
- The No Sleep No Hunger showcase at Hole In the Wall on Guadalupe includes Rae Isla, Bowling Green, KY band The Josephines, King Youngblood (featuring Zach Person), Exotic Fruit, Holy Wire pulling double duty tonight, and many more. Doors at 7 p.m.