We’ve reached the final night – some of us definitely a bit worse for the wear, but we’re here at last. Make this one count. Here are just a handful of recommended SXSW performances to check out tonight:
– Love these gents. One of the many good reasons I keep looking to Australia for great bands. Boy & Bear plays a showcase tonight at The Parish, 214 E. 6th St.
– Pop-gaze dreamy goodness from Denton, TX band Pageantry, playing tonight at Javelina, 69 Rainey St.
– Portland band Magic Mouth has a set tonight at Cheer Up Charlies, 900 Red River.
– Austin-based Fuzz Club DJ Sue Purr has been shouting praises from the rooftops for this band. A definite must-see. Garage punk kings The Cynics perform tonight at Lit Lounge, 215 E. 6th St.
– Local band The Bad Lovers wraps up SX right with a set at the Hotel Vegas Patio, 1502 E. 6th St.
Before heading out tonight, the Austin Music Minute would like to take this opportunity to strongly encourage you to donate to SXSW Cares. Please be safe out there, and thank you.
Support KUTX’s ability to bring you closer to the music.