The fourth annual Summer Jam takes over the Long Center on August 27th, hosted by The Breaks and presented by KUTX and KAZI. The show features sets by some of Austin’s best R&B and rap artists. Anastasia Hera blends both of those worlds on recordings like her 2021 EP This Is Anastasia and on stage, where she’s opened for Raekwon, GZA, Scarface, Dead Prez, and more. She also performs covers of classic rap with Classic Hip Hop Live and she’s soon to launch HERA Tropical Rum, her own premium liquor brand.
This week on My KUTX, Anastasia is our guest DJ. She has eclectic taste, growing up on A Tribe Called Quest and Peter Gabriel while also finding a lot of meaning in the music of Bob Marley and Creedence Clearwater Revival. Hear Anastasia Hera’s My KUTX on Saturday, August 20 at 6 p.m. or listen anytime in the player at the top of the page.
- A Tribe Called Quest – “Bonita Applebum”
- Peter Gabriel – “Sledgehammer”
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – “Is This Love”
- Outkast – “Rosa Parks”
- Faith Evans – “You Used To Love Me”
- Tears For Fears – “Head Over Heels”
- Anastasia Hera – “Safe Space”
- Beyoncé – “Me, Myself and I”
- Bobby Caldwell – “Open Your Eyes”
- Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Have You Ever Seen The Rain?”
- Fleetwood Mac – “Dreams”
- Xavier Omär – “Blind Man”