Caleb De Casper grew up in North Carolina, where he was often ostracized for his queer identity. Still, he performed his music, and a chance booking with Austin punks XETAS led to an invitation to move. Since relocating here, he’s embraced his true self and Austin has embraced him. De Casper has become a local music fixture, thanks to his blend of electro-pop and “horror glam” aesthetic onstage. April 21 this year was dubbed Caleb De Casper Day to mark the release of his album Femme Boy.
For the month of Pride, De Casper has a few events planned, including a solo piano show at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden on June 7th and a show on June 25th at the Long Center celebrating LGBTQIA voices in Austin music. This week on My KUTX, he’s also our guest DJ, digging into his influences and struggles as a queer artist. Hear My KUTX on Saturday, June 4th at 6 p.m. or listen anytime the player above.
- Caleb De Casper – “Good Boy”
- ABBA – “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)”
- Cher – “Dark Lady”
- Lana Del Rey – “Dark Paradise”
- RuPaul – “Supermodel”
- Bruce Springsteen – “I’m On Fire”
- Lady Gaga – “Bad Romance”
- Le1f – “Wut”
- Blondie – “Heart Of Glass”
- Caleb De Casper – “Femme Boy”
- Little Richard – “The Saints”
- Liberace – “Boogie Woogie” (live)