Ley Line (l-r: Maddy Froncek, Emilie Basez, Kate Robberson, Lydia Froncek). Photo by Julia Reihs/KUTX.
Last year, Austin’s Ley Line released its second album We Saw Blue, a welcome breath of fresh air in the tumult of 2020. On the album, the KUTX Artist of the Month alumni continue to expand their globetrotting folk sound, tying it in with nature-centered lyrical themes.
On May 21, the band will screen a visual version of the album at the Paramount Theatre called “We Saw Blue: An audio-visual journey through Brasil” that features footage from the group’s 2017 Brazilian tour paired with songs from the album. The show is in partnership with the SIMS Foundation, and it will also showcase a short film from fellow Austin band (and KUTX Artist of the Month alumni) Nané.
This week on My KUTX, the four members of Ley Line–Maddy Froncek, Kate Robberson, Emilie Basez, and Lydia Froncek–are back as our guest DJs, spinning an hour of favorites from fellow Austinites and around the world. Hear Ley Line’s My KUTX on Saturday, May 15 at 6 p.m. or listen anytime in the player above.
–Art Levy // producer, My KUTX
1. Dominque Fils-Aimé – “Birds”
2. Sampa The Great – “Energy” (feat. Nadeem Din-Gabisi)
3. Melody Gardot – “It Gonna Come”
4. Kalbells – “Diagram Of Me Sleeping”
5. Adrianne Lenker – “ingydar”
6. Nané – “Always On My Mind”
7. Ley Line – “En Busca Del Agua”
8. Greentea Peng – “Hu Man”
9. Branko & Mayra Andrade – “Reserva Pra Dois”
10. Ley Line – “Sereia”
11. Little Dragon – “Another Lover”
12. Sly & The Family Stone – “Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)”