This week on The Breaks, Confucius and Fresh
- Touch on their memories of past Juneteenth celebrations and talk about what this year’s event might look like.
- Discuss the criticism surrounding J.Cole’s new song ” Snow on Tha Bluff” and the way he appears to police the tone used by a Black woman activist (presumably Noname).
- Talk about the Black Austin Matters mural and explain why grand public gestures can not replace policy addressing systemic racism.
- Explore why Black Austin Artists are no longer willing to stay silent about systemic racism in the Austin Music Scene.
- In his Unpopular Opinion, Fresh argues that fans do appreciate Kendrick Lamar and are ready for his next album.
- In his Confucius Says, Confucius discusses the integral role of Black women in the struggle for Black liberation.
- This week’s local song of the week is “RED” by MALIK.
Listen to this week’s episode of The Breaks