KUTX’s coverage of Love Austin Music Month is supported by Souvenir Sound … a label that listens.
Music is the heartbeat of Austin. That’s why the City of Austin Music and Entertainment Division, the Austin Music Foundation and KUTX have teamed up once again to declare January Love Austin Music Month. We want you to be part of it, too! Here are a few ways to support your music scene this month:
- Keep up with all the local shows this month with the Austin Music Minute.
- Kick off Love Austin Music Month with Red River Cultural District’s annual Free Week January 5-7, 2023.
- Join us Friday, January 6th our Free Week Showcase at Cheer Up Charlie’s hosted by Confucius, Fresh & Taylor.
- Check out some of the shows in KUTX’s 10th Birthday Concert Series
- January 12th, Tony Kamel at C-Boy’s
- January 13th, Caramelo Haze 3TEN ACL Live
- January 14th, Alejandro Escovedo at The Paramount
- January 15th, Why Bonnie + Sun June Antone’s
- January 19th, Tony Kamel at C-Boy’s
- Listen to an all-Austin stream like KUTX’s stream at Austin Bergstrom International Airport or Austin Public Library’s Electric Ladybird.
- Get to know folks in your scene and their great taste in music through KUTX’s guest DJ hour, My KUTX.
- Catch up on our podcast, Pause/Play, which explores issues affecting Austin’s music scene.
- Help get #loveaustinmusic trending on social media in Austin!
- Pledge to turn 5 friends outside of Austin on to 5 Austin-area artists.
- Amplify your favorite Austin artists’ videos on social
Now more than ever, Austin music needs your support. Make a gift in honor of Love Austin Music Month to one of the many non-profit organizations that support Austin music. These are just a few to consider …
- If you can afford to, buy music and merch from your Austin artists on their websites. (A band shirt makes a great Valentine’s gift for an out-of-town music-lover or Austin ex-pat.)
- While you watch live streams, tip like it’s the holidays! Some performing artists use Venmo or other platforms to collect extra revenue during performances.
- When you’re out and about this month, consider carrying a little cash so you can show some love for your local busker (who may one day be a GRAMMY nominee, like this guy.
- Are you an Austin musician yourself? We’d love to hear you on the airwaves! Submit your music to Song of the Day. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “KUTX Song of the Day” included in the subject line.