You might just hear your voice on our air!
KUTX wouldn’t exist without our listeners and members. When you share your KUTX story, you encourage other listeners to support this non-profit resource for Austin music. Record a message of 5 minutes or less using the widget and tips below, and we might use your message on the air!
Step 1: Prepare …
- Find a quiet space to record. Rooms with carpet, rugs, or drapes work best (walk-in closets are great!) But if you don’t have those, a quiet room, or even your car, is fine.
- Think about what you want to say. Here are some prompts if you need a little help:
- share the story of a favorite KUTX-related memory
- tell us about a beloved band/artist or song you discovered on KUTX
- share why KUTX is special to you, or why you support it
- It’s okay to write out your thoughts first (but notes/bullet points will help you sound more natural than a script.)
Step 2: Record …
- Be yourself (because that’s who we want!)
- Imagine you’re talking to a good friend over margs.
- If you mess up, just pause and start again – no need to re-record, as we will edit out any imperfections. (We promise you’re gonna sound amazing.)
- “Umms” and “you knows” are fine – we want you to sound like a human!
- Be sure to mention your name! (If you’re a KUTX member or volunteer, feel free to add that, too!)