You’ve most likely heard your humble Austin Music Minute maven geek out over bands before. No shame. Seriously. And here is another occasion to do the same, because it’s another badass line-up at Hotel Vegas. Just bring the earplugs and prepare for the face-melts:
– Songwriter, vocalist and all-around goddess Sabrina Ellis commands the stage with the unrestrained passion of Sweet Spirit. It’s sweet, sweet action to rattle the very marrow of your bones.
– Never too late to lose yourself in the endless waves of fuzzed-out shoe-gazing of the mighty Ringo Deathstarr. Move closer to the amp. Closer…closer…
– Brooklyn-based dynamic duo Crushed Out flip Americana upside down and mold it into your favorite countrified proto-punk surfy nightmare. Hit the lights, baby.
– Behold the savage post-punk noise that is Kingdom of Suicide Lovers. A multitude of cosmic delights await your eardrums.
All of this and a pile of ridiculous awesomeness unfolds tonight at Hotel Vegas, 1500 E. 6th St. Doors open at 9 p.m. Get there early to see all the bands. Recommended.
– Photo of Kingdom of Suicide Lovers by Ángel Delgado-Reyes.