Austin’s Mando Rayo has a cool job: he’s a taco journalist who’s traveled all over America, documenting the humble taco, its history, and its enduring impact. He’s produced the docuseries United Tacos Of America, written two books, and is the host of Tacos Of Texas, produced by KUT/KUTX Studios in partnership with Rayo’s Identity Productions. Tacos Of Texas just launched its third season, and this time Rayo is exploring tacos in public school cafeterias around the state, where to find the best bean and cheese taco in San Antonio, and more.
To celebrate the new season, Rayo takes over the guest DJ seat this week on My KUTX. He provides the perfect soundtrack for your next taco run or backyard cookout, featuring his favorite cumbias, rancheras, and modern Latin funk bangers from Texas, Mexico, and beyond. Hear Mando Rayo’s My KUTX on Saturday, August 26 at 6 p.m. or listen anytime right here.
- Caifanes – “La Negra Tomasa”
- Mister Cumbia – “Pinche Cumbion Bien Loco”
- Blanquito Man – “Cumbia Sobre el Río” (feat. Control Machete & Celso Piña)
- Los Ángeles Azules – “17 Años”
- Selena – “Como La Flor”
- Ritmo Y Sabor – “La Cumbia de los Monjes”
- Juan Gabriel – “¿Por Que Me Haces Llorar?”
- Los Tigres del Norte – “Contrabando y Traición”
- Vicente Fernández – “Los Mandados”
- Juan Gabriel – “El Noa Noa”
- Adrian Quesada – “El Paraguas” (feat. Gabriel Garzón-Montano)
- Chicano Batman – “This Land Is Your Land”
- La Unión – “Lobo-hombre en París”
- Calle 13 – “Latinoamérica” (feat. Totó la Momposina, Susana Baca & María Rita)