We’re working hard give you the Austin Music Experience!
We’re excited to tell you about some schedule changes that we think will make KUTX an even more important part of the Austin Music Experience. These changes will take effect on Monday, Sept. 1.
Since our launch 18 months ago, we’ve heard a lot of feedback from y’all. We’ve learned that you love the diverse mix of genres curated by our hosts, but that — with a few notable exceptions — you want to hear it more consistently, i.e. you want the same experience pretty much whatever time of day you tune in. We’ve also learned that you really like the live music performances, whether you tune in live or you watch them on YouTube. We hear you. Some of things we’re doing differently next month include:
- Shifting John Aielli and “Eklektikos” to morning drive time with John hosting from 7 to 9 a.m., Mon-Thurs (the same days he’s on now). John Aielli has created a program that’s in a category of its own. With his mix of musings, weather commentary and guest interviews, he engages in a kind of community conversation with musical accompaniment — ideal fare for drive time.
- KUTX Music Director Jeff McCord will host on Fridays from 6-9 a.m. (so John can maintain his three-day weekends!)
- Susan Castle moves to 9 a.m. Monday to Friday, kicking off KUTX’s music-centric programming for the day.
- Moving “Horizontes” from Friday afternoons to Sunday nights (7-10 p.m.) and following it up with Alt.Latino (10 p.m.-3 a.m.) to create an eight-hour block of Latin American-themed music. This opens Friday afternoons to non-genre-specific music, hosted by Jody Denberg, and creates more opportunities for local and touring musicians to perform in Studio 1A and promote their weekend shows in town.
- Ending “Folkways” and “Across the Water” to make way for our Sunday night block of Latin American-themed music.
- “Global Grooves” and “World Music” will move to the KUT HD-3 stream, with times to-be-announced.
We know we can’t please everyone, especially when it means we’re moving your favorite program or ending it entirely. As always, we appreciate your feedback at email@example.com