With several new songs speaking directly to our times, Austin rapper Kydd Jones has become a bit of a bright spot in this troubled world. From ICU, Way Up, Steel Toe, and a few others he hasn’t missed yet. In addition to all the new music, NPR Music recently featured Jones performing his songs Rubber Bullets and Goblin at the historic Rosewood Park in East Austin for their Songs for Change series. Considering all that is going on, 2020 is turning out to be a great year for Kydd Jones. To keep up the forward momentum, Jones is back with yet another release, this time featuring fellow Austinite, The Teeta on his single, “Checks”. You can catch Jones performing “Checks” and his other many releases on a live stream, Thursday the 20th at Inn Cahoots at 7-9pm.
Austin-based producer Haris Qureshi of LNS Crew teams up with San Antonio emcee Mad1ne for their “Silver and Black” EP. The project premieres on KUTX with snippets from its three tracks which feature Mad1ne on vocals and Haris Qureshi on the beats with mixing and mastering by The Mask of Elevate Studios.
This week on The Breaks:
- Confucius and Fresh give listeners little known facts about Jay-Z for his 50th birthday & explore the connection between Hov and the late Pimp C.
- The guys discuss whether there’s some underlining tension between Toronto stars The Weeknd and PARTYNEXTDOOR.
- Austin based Harry Edohoukwa comes in for an interview and performance live in Studio 1A.
- Fresh explains that while Hip Hop culture is indeed Black culture, but that doesn’t mean that only Black people can appreciate and participate the genre, for his Unpopular Opinion.
- Confucius talks about the between admiration and idolization, while naming some of his idols on his Confucius Says segment.
Listen to this episode of The Breaks
The Breaks are on every Saturday 10pm-1am on KUTX 98.9.
Four months ago Jake Lloyd released visuals to the lead single, Daily Interlude from his recently released album, MoonLit Mornings, which premiered right here on kutx.org. Now with the album out Jake decided to team up with videographer, Amir Rofoogar to reprise said visuals and do a fun style video for DSII produced single.