For two seasons, KUT and KUTX’s podcast Pause/Play has tackled the pandemic’s effect on Austin’s fragile musical ecosystem. Hosts Elizabeth McQueen and Miles Bloxson explore a variety of viewpoints: how bartenders and sound engineers have weathered the closed clubs; musicians’ pivot to livestreaming; how fans have coped without seeing their favorite bands; and more.
Thankfully, live music is back in Austin, but other problems continue to haunt the city’s scene. For season three, Pause/Play moves away from the pandemic to navigate issues like affordability and diversity. This week on My KUTX, McQueen and Bloxson are our guest DJs, playing an hour of Austin artists featured in the first two seasons. Plus, they preview season three, which starts on November 2. Hear Pause/Play’s My KUTX on Saturday, October 30 at 6 p.m. or listen anytime in the player above.
- TEDDYTHELEGACY – “Red Lights”
- Jackie Venson – “Vintage Machine”
- Jaehross – “Pedernales Summit Parkway”
- Tameca Jones – “Good Boy”
- Riders Against The Storm – “Flowers For The Living” (feat. Clarence James)
- Dayglow – “Close To You”
- Tribe Mafia – “Hurt” (feat. Rora Wilde”
- Gina Chavez – “La Que Manda”
- Stephanie Bergara – “Rear View”
- Dossey – “Heartbeats”
- Mobley – “James Crow”
- Tomar & The FCs – “Rise Above”
- Grupo Fantasma – “The Wall” (feat. Ozomatli & Locos Por Juana)